Comes with MidNite Solar Battery Temperature Sensor & Optional MidNite Solar Surge Suppression Device
The Midnite Classic MPPT Wind Board can almost double your wind turbine's output at every wind speed over relay or PWM charge controllers. The Wind incoming power is routed through its own breaker, then converted by one of the most advanced MPPT charge controllers on the market to the most efficient charging algorithm and charging amperage available. This board connects to your battery bank, routed through a DC circuit breaker, for added security and fire protection! This step is often neglected and is essential to installing to code. For wind turbines with a diameter of 80 inches or less.
- MidNite Solar Classic MPPT Charge Controller
- Simply one of the most efficient Wind/Solar/Hydro MPPT controllers on the market - made in the USA
- The Midnite Classic MPPT Charge controller can almost double the output of your wind turbine over standard or PWM charge controllers by using a 16 point customization MPPT power curve. It's like having a sports car with 16 automatic gear changes to get you the most power at any speed!
- Heavy-gauge, cleanly galvanized steel mounting board
- Features folded ends and pre-punched wall mounting holes
- Two MidNite Solar Baby Breaker Boxes pre-wired with the wind input breaker and battery output breaker
- One box houses a MidNite 100 amp double pole breaker on the battery side of the controller for safety that also serves as a convenient disconnect
- The other Baby Box houses one 150 volt MidNite PV breaker for the wind turbine input that also serves as a convenient separate wind turbine disconnect
- Two 8 foot heavy-duty pre-wired #4 gauge flexible battery cables with lugged & heat shrink sealed battery ends
- Dual Wind Turbine Brake Switch and Dual Rectifiers
- All components are internally grounded to the board which allows for easy grounding, saving you hours of time and frustration the wiring is pre-wired and securely clamped between components
- Wiring is housed in electrical EMT conduit
- Plug and play: Simply bolt or screw the unit into the wall and make your wind turbine and battery bank connections (no crimping or heat shrink needed, just insert and tighten down)
- Perfect for residential or commercial, on grid or back up power, off-grid, and boat use
- MidNite Solar's pre-wired battery temperature sensor ensures batteries do not overheat in charging cycle (peel the tape and stick to one of your batteries)
- Maximizes performance for your inverter or charge controller
- Sensor is attached to a 15' cable
Missouri Wind and Solar's trained staff is here to answer any technical questions you may have!
The Classic MPPT Charge Controller substantially increases the flexibility, features, and range currently found on MPPT controllers at an incredible price.
Wind Classic Charge Controller Capacity:
|MidNite Classic Controller||12-Volt Charging Capacity|
(12-volt battery bank)
|24-Volt Charging Capacity|
(24-volt battery bank)
|48-Volt Charging Capacity|
(48-volt battery bank)
|Classic 150 MPPT|
(150 operating voltage;
Max. current out.: 96 amps)
14.14 volts @ 96 amps
(1,380 watts of wind input power)
28.7 volts @ 94 amps
(2,700 watts of wind input power)
58.4 volts @ 83 amps
(4,847 watts of wind input power)
|Classic 200 MPPT|
(200 operating voltage;
Max. current out.: 79 amps)
14.14 volts @ 79amps
(1,137 watts of wind input power)
28.7 volts @ 78 amps
(2,238 watts of wind input power)
58.4 volts @ 78 amps
(4,550 watts of wind input power)
|Classic 250 MPPT|
(250 operating voltage;
Max. current out.: 63 amps)
14.14 volts @ 61 amps
(878 watts of wind input power)
28.7 volts @ 62 amps
(1,779 watts of wind input power)
58.4 volts @ 55 amps
(3,212 watts of wind input power)
MidNite Classic Charge Controller Features:
- ETL listed to UL1741 and CSA
- Exclusive HyperVOC extends VOC limits
- 12-72V battery
- Built in DC-GFP and Arc Fault Detector
MidNite Classic Charge Controller Specifications:
- 14.9"L x 6"W x 4"D
- Warranty - 5 yrs.
- Listed by ETL for US & Canada
- CE Certified Listed
- FCC Class B Listed
- Made in the USA
The VRD Dynamic Brake is compatible with any 12, 24, or 48 volt wind turbine with a blade diameter +/- 80 inches (2.03 meters) and vertical axis wind turbines (VAWT) under 2000 watts peak power. Gas motor driven generator setups have not been fully tested with the VRD. If the open circuit voltage of motor driven generator remains under the upper limits of the MidNite Classic Charge Controller, we don't expect any problems.
MidNite Solar Classic Charge Controller Warranty:<
MidNite Solar offers an industry first, an extended warranty for all the Classic MPPT charge controllers. Six months prior to the end of the warranty period customers can ship their Classic back to MidNite Solar with a check for $147 dollars plus shipping and they will replace any wearable parts and do a general tune-up. This will extend the warranty by 2 additional years, another good reason to purchase a Classic.
If you are permitting any battery based system, the Classic is the only controller that has Arc fault integrated. That will save on a costly arc fault combiner.
See how the MidNite Classic compares to other controllers such as the OutBack, Blue Sky, Xantrex, Morningstar, and Apollo brands.