Dual Volt/Amp Panel Meter with three gang switch box and shunt
- 8.5V to 100V DC Digital Blue LED Display
- 50 Amps DC Digital Blue LED Display
- On/Off switch for efficiency
Finally, an affordable, ready to go volt and amp meter for your alternate energy system.
This meter does not need a separate power supply
A highly-efficient yet flexible volt/amp meter which can be used to measure the voltage of 12, 24 and 48 volt battery banks directly along with their charge or discharge current. No separate power supply is needed! This meter has been designed specifically for alternate energy systems; yet it also perfect for measuring vehicle, yacht, electric toy, tool or motorcycles having a 12 volt, 24 volt or 48 volt storage batteries.
Advantage over other panel meters by competitors:
- Compared with LCD panel meters, this LED panel meter has a high contrast display with super clear numbers and wide viewing angle.
- Measures both Volts and Amps (Both charge and discharge.)
- Super convenient operation (DOES NOT need an additional power supply.) Hook up the leads and you are set.
- On/Off Switch -- This meter uses only 40ma to 60ma ( .04 to .06 amps) at 24 volts, or approx. 20ma at 48 volts. If you are like many of us who simply do not like wasted energy, regardless of how small it is, then you will love this meter, as you can simply shut if off when you are not using it.
- Good looking, black matte solid metal face plate, with hinged door.
- Shunt can be remotely located for direct sensing. Remotely locating the shunt is recommended if you have large wires coming or going from your batteries or charge source. This allows the wires to take a more direct path to the batteries and alleviates the need to route them through the meter case.
- Large (0.56 inch/14.2 mm) easy-to-read red and blue LED displays.
- Wide application range. Can be used to measure the voltage of various batteries ranging from 7.5 to 100VDC.
- Successive approximation-based AD conversion, which is fast and accurate.
- Highly-efficient DC-DC converter, with very low temp rise.
- Completely isolated, super efficient, custom made switch mode power supply.
- Reverse polarity protection.
- Min Input voltage : 8.5VDC
- Max Input voltage: 100 volts. Volt Meter can measure up to 200 volts if supply voltage is less than 100 volts.
- Max Amperage: 50 Amps DC
- Dimensions: 4.2" (W) x 6" (H) x 2" (D)
Tips & Things to Remember in DC Amp Meter Wiring:
- Use a DC amp meter for amp readings
- Don’t allow incoming power to exceed the rated amperage (or voltage) of your meter – it may break the unit
- Match the amp rating of the meter to the amp rating of the shunt bar
- Match the millivolts (mv) of the meter to the millivolt (mv) rating of the shunt bar
- The two wires between the meter and shunt bar need to be the same length
- A wind turbine should be connected to a separate meter than the solar panel(s)
- To test the amps or volts of your wind turbine or solar panel system with a handheld clamp on meter, you must use a DC model
Troubleshooting your DC Meter Issues:
- If the needle on the meter is a negative reading, switch the sense wires between the meter and shunt bar
- If the needle on your analog meter is not at zero when there isn’t incoming power, you can calibrate it by turning the screw on the front of the meter
- If your digital handheld DC meter isn’t giving you an accurate reading, check the batteries in the unit
About DC Volt Meters:
- The positive and negative inputs are typically not marked on the DC Volt Meter. If you connect them to your battery and get a negative reading, simply swap the wires.
- 12 volt battery systems should use a 15 volt meter; 48 volt systems should use a 70-75 volt meter.
Looking for a diagram? Be sure to view our post on Connecting Amp Meters to Shunt Bars. We also have diagrams for digital meter wiring.