The 9-Blade Missouri Raider 1600 Watt Wind Turbine for home business or remote use - up to 1600 watts plus potential power! Our unrivaled Generation 4 Raptor blades self regulate their speed in high winds.
Uses: Battery or battery bank charging, stackable wind turbine grid tie inverters, direct DC water heating elements, direct DC resistive heating, or other applications where 3 phase AC or DC can be used.
Note: If you are replacing a DC output wind turbine with our 3 phase turbine and do not want to change your DC wiring then you can mount the bridge rectifier at the top of the tower for a DC run down.
- Rain, ice, and storm proof with no electronics
- Dependable brushless PMA! All new three phase N45 14 Magnet Renegade PMA for efficient power generation
- Comes with 9 Generation 4 carbon fiber composite blades, aerodynamically tapered for maximum output
- Mounting bracket and heavy duty 2 arm tail assembly - fits on 1.5" schedule #40 or #80 pipe
- 125,000 hours+ of rated bearing life
- Heavy duty hub spacer/stablizer
- Three phase bridge rectifier for converting to DC output
- Made in Seymour Missouri U.S.A. by Missouri Wind and Solar
- Wire tension system
- No slip rings to fail or replace. Simple and effective, the turbine uses a wire tension system which will last a lifetime. The single power transmission cord never twists because the wind never spins the turbine around in the same direction hundreds of times. Typically, the wind only comes from two directions. It has yet to be an issue with any one of the thousands of turbines we have distributed.
- Makes a 62" swept area. Overall length from blades to tail is 43"
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
The first video below is of a Missouri Raider Wind Turbine on a SWEA Grid Tie Inverter.
Click here for basic turbine connection.
Click here for a diagram and instructions for Missouri Wind turbine assembly
To obtain maximum output from our wind turbines your tower needs to be a minimum of 60 foot high in a clearing, free from obstructions like buildings and trees. Your wind turbine should be above tree tops and buildings. Wind turbines mounted on roof tops or connected to the end of buildings will see considerably less output due to turbulent wind "dirty wind ". RULE , the higher the better. Even though you may not be able to have a 60 foot tower battery charging is still obtainable on roof tops and short towers . The wind can blow 24 hours a day while solar is limited to 8 hours or less. 1 small wind turbine cannot equal the output of 10 solar panels. Our wind turbines do not furl which means they can keep producing power in high winds unlike turbines that are designed to shut down at 30 mph using an electrical brake or furling. Our Raptor Generation 4 â„¢ wind turbine blades are self regulating and have been tested to 125 mph winds by us. Less blades equal higher rpms ,more output but higher winds for startup. More blades equal lower wind speed startups but less output in higher winds. Our wind turbines perform the best in wind zones 2 to 7. Our wind turbines are capable of producing 500 to 2000 watts plus instantaneously in high wind gusts. If your intending on installing your wind turbine in a low wind area or in a bad location such as roof top or behind a building it will still work for battery charging just at a much lower charging rate and time.
Limited terms for all Raptor Generation 4 wind turbine blade warranty. Guaranteed for a lifetime, not to break under normal use. Cracked or broken blades will be replaced FOR FREE!
We only warranty blades if they break under normal use.
We do not recommend using our Raptor Blades with any hub made of less quality than the hubs recommended on our site.
Warranty does not apply due to a tower fall, over tightening of bolts, or striking flying debris from tornado or hurricanes, or falling trees. Warranty only applies when Raptor Generation 4 blades are used with Missouri Wind and Solar blade hubs only.
Buyer is responsible for shipping costs only. All broken blades must be returned to Missouri Wind and Solar for replacement with copy of purchase at expense of the owner.
power charts below
The turbine comes with: blades and hub assembly, pma, bridge rectifier, mounting bracket, tail arms, tail, and the hardware to bolt those components together and does not come with cable, charge controller, tower, or any other accessories for using or installing the wind turbine.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 19 April, 2011.