9 inch DC water heating element used for 48 Volt 1000 Watts or 24 volt 300 watt with built-in adjustable thermostat.
- High standard electric terminal screws zinc plated with rubber gasket
- Ratings: (Ni-Chrome coils / High Wattage) 48 volt @ 1000 watts
- Thread-In Model (1" NPT bottom tap)
- Built in adjustable thermostat allows you to bring temperature from 0F to 190F/30C to 90C
- High standard power wires with ON/Off switch.
- Nickel plated element for long life
- DC water heating elements are much safter than 110 Volt
- 9 inch overall length with 6 inch element.
Can be used direct with batteries, solar panels, hydroelectric generators, and as a wind turbine dump diversion load. Can also be used as a solar panel dump load. Can be used as an oil preheater for biodiesel etc.! Use for DIY solar batch water heaters as well. See our wire and cable section for selecting a power cord for the heater from your wind turbine, hydroelectric generator, solar panels, or battery setup, etc...
- Livestock water tank deicer (low amp draw means you won't drain your battery as fast). For keeping dog, cat, chicken, and other domestic animals' water from freezing.
- Standard American water heater element replacement for on or off grid applications
- Water preheating
- Campers, Motor homes
- Emergency hot water
- Portable commercial, industrial machines and equipment
- Runs off your car battery for portable hot water anywhere
- Direct wind and solar applications
- Concrete mixing trucks
- Use for diy solar batch water heaters
- For heating motor oil, vegetable oil, or most any other oils or liquids
- and many, many more uses where heat or diversion loads are needed.
Most electric water heaters have two element ports, one in the middle and one at the bottom of the tank. Use our DC element to replace the bottom and/or top element so you always have hot water. If your battery is keeping your water hot then the thermostat on the top 120 VAC elements will never turn on unless you run out of wind or solar power. A great diversion load for alternative energy systems!
Note: If you have a gas hot water heater you may wish to put an electric unit ahead of it. This way the gas heater is always being fed hot water so it does not turn on as often and for shorter periods of time when it does.
Looking for a bulkhead fitting to retrofit to your custom tank build try "Banjo model TF100"
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 20 December, 2011.