Our 80 amp MPPT solar charge controller from AIMS Power, is very similar to the popular AIMS Power 40 amp MPPT solar charge controller. This charge controller is capable of various dc outputs; 12, 24, 36 or 48 volts. This unit is just as flexible and efficient as the smaller AIMS Power 40 Amp MPPT controller.
Solar Charge Controller - MPPT
Capable of multistage charging of flooded lead acid, AGM and gel batteries. This controller is a great fit for your off-grid home or cabin. Our 80 amp charge controller will work perfectly in any off-grid application. When coupled with solar panels, deep cycle batteries and an inverter, we can build you the perfect off-grid solar kit.
Maximum power point tracking (MPPT) solar charge controllers offer features that more simple and cheaper PWM controllers, do not. They have the ability to track power harvested over 90 days, monitor almost any aspect of your system, including voltage and battery temperature.
Stackable MPPT Solar Charge Controller
This MPT charger controller brings together MPPT technology, state of charge and battery charge management in one system. While also including auto or manual equalization of cells in flooded batteries. You can connect these units in parallel, up to 16 units. That's right they are stackable and can handle a large array of PV panels.
You can build a system of massive size with these controllers. Please click the link below to see what panel configurations are possible with these 80 amp MPPT charge controllers. If you are looking for the best technology and the industry leading features, look no further, then the AIMS Power 80 amp MPPT charge controller.
- Integrates Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT), battery charge management, state of charge information.
- Continuous output Power Rating without de-rating at up to 50? ambient temperature.
- Built-in Battery Energy Monitor tracks power production and consumption in order to calculate the energy remaining in the battery bank. State of charge (SOC) is displayed in percentage of full capacity, Amp-hours, Watt-hours, and 90 days of energy-harvest history and is stored in the solar charger.
- Supports Flooded Lead Acid (FLA), GEL, Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries; 2/3/4-stage charging with adjustable set points for all parameters.
- Wire the PV modules in series up to 192VDC normal (240VDC Max) SCC80MPPT Series.
- Easy stacking of up to 16 units in parallel for high currents.
- Precision charging of 12V/ 24V/36V/48V batteries with easy set-up. Use of battery voltage sense (BVS) wires is required.
- Built-in temperature compensation function for safe and complete charging.
- Maximum output current(Continuous at up 50? ambient temperature): 80 amps
- Battery Voltages: 12, 24, 36, 48 VDC Normal
- Max PV Input Current: 70 Amps
- Max Input Voltage: 192VDC Operating, 240VDC Maximum Open Circuit Voltage
- Max PV Array Power: 5200 Watts (Maximum when equalizing a 48V battery to 64V at 80 Amps
- Charge Regulation Modes: Bulk, Absorption, Float, Auto/ Manual Equalization
- Battery Temperature Compensation: 5.0 mV per 2 volt cell
- DC to DC Conversion Capability:
- 12V Battery: 16~192VDC
- 24V Battery: 32~192VDC
- 36V Battery: 48~192VDC
- 48V Battery: 64~192VDC
- Display Status: Built-in 2-line, 20-character LCD with backlight LCD status screen displays input voltage and current, output voltage and current, charge-mode, Battery SOC
- Data Logging: Logs energy harvested for 90 days, LCD displays WH, KWH, AH
- Energy Monitor: LCD shows SOC, AH, WH, and present charge or discharge current. A 50mV/ 500Amp shunt is required.
- Auxiliary Relays: Two independent relays A (SPST) for control of external devices. Contact rating is 3 Amps, 50VDC
- Operation Temperature: Full Power Output to +50? ambient
- Standby Power: < 4 Watts
- Dimension: 16.33 x 8.86 x 5.79 inches
- Weight: 16 lbs
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 04 March, 2013.