440 Amp, 10,000 Watt Multi Mode Controller - High and Low Voltage Load Controller
- Connect multiple turbines and solar panels up to 440 amps worth!
- Use for wind or solar or both at the same time! Also use for hydroelectric or solar or both.
The 440-MMC (Multi-Mode Controller) is an extremely capable, highly flexible multi-mode, multi-set point controller, specifically designed as a load controller for alternate energy systems. It can perform both as a high voltage or low voltage cut-in/cut-out controller with user settable trip points and time delays.
Although this controller can function as a standard charge controller, the additional functionality built into this controller allows it to be used for much more specialized applications where a standard charge controller simply would not provide the proper level of control.
If you need only battery overcharge protection, please consider one of our standard diversion controllers, as they are more specifically designed for such an application. One of the most common uses of this controller is to turn on (or off), a load once a voltage level has been reached (either a high or low voltage) and keep it on (or off), until the 2nd voltage level is reached and/or until a certain amount of time has passed. More detail on this subject is provided later in this manual.
Some of the key features of this controller are:
- Microprocessor controlled -- This is very important for both stability and functionality.
- user changeable settings, boththe low voltage and high voltage trip points can be user adjusted.
- Works with 12, 24 or 48 volt systems - Easy to set jumper allows use on 12, 24 or 48 volt battery based systems.
- Can engage or disengage the solenoid on either a low or high voltage trip.
- Time delays from 1 minute to 76 minutes
- Can be forced to stay engaged (or disengaged) until both the voltage set point is reached and/or the time delay has been reached.
- High amp rating - 440 amps, 10,000 watts.
- Solenoid has fully isolated normally open and normally closed contacts.
- High Contrast LED battery voltage meter.
- On/Off switch for Meter.
- Battery status LED- Several controllers do not tell you what's going on - This one does!
- Push to test. - Ever wonder if your controller & load are working OK?
- Reverse polarity protected – This unit will not be damaged if you inadvertently reverse the battery sense lines.
- Steel enclosure - with multiple conduit openings.
- Large terminals - that can actually terminate large wire
- Ability to divert the source from the batteries to the load, or dump both the batteries along with the source.
- Perfect for use with wind systems.
- Ability to be used as a disconnect controller. Perfect for use with both wind and solar systems, including both at the same time.
- Draws almost no energy while monitoring (all electronics must use some power, to work -- this is a miser)
This Hoffman pull box is perfect for terminating larger wire. It has multiple knockouts on each side of the box. The box measures 8.25" x 12". The electronics are fully isolated from the box.
Click here for a video on how to connect a wind turbine to the charge controller
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 03 February, 2011.